Mount Hermon Adventures: Planning Your Trip with Best Western Gilroy
If you’re visiting Gilroy, one of the most exciting experiences is waiting for you – nestled amidst the majestic Sequoia trees of the Santa Cruz mountains. Here, you’ll find a truly breathtaking experience that the local adrenaline junkies call “Mount Hermon Adventures.” It’s one of the must-see attractions when visiting the area – but what exactly should you expect from this experience?
37 Conference Drive
Felton, CA 95018
What To Expect at Mount Hermon Adventures in Santa Cruz
When you visit this adventure destination, you’ll find a stunning array of ziplines, rope bridges, platforms, and much more. Just look up – and you’ll see an incredible series of structures nestled in the trees. If you’ve ever dreamed of living in a treetop village, you’ll feel right at home at Mount Hermon Adventures. There are three main choices when you visit this location:
Choose From Three Stellar Options
- The Sequoia Aerial Adventure: A popular choice among athletic individuals, the Sequoia Aerial Adventure involves traversing ropes and timber obstacles high above the forest floor. Expect a serious challenge during a 2-hour experience that takes you up to 80 feet into the air. There are 40 obstacles and elements to overcome – including two ziplines.
- The Redwood Canopy Tour: If you’re ready to go even higher, select the Redwood Canopy Tour. This adventure takes you up to 150 feet into the air among the towering redwood trees. You’ll find 6 ziplines among these ancient arbors – and your guides will slow things down a little to provide plenty of education about your natural surroundings.
- Team Building Adventures: Ready to take your team of professionals to the next level? A team-building exercise could be just what you need. This option is highly customizable, and team leaders can choose exactly what they’d like to achieve from the overall experience. Expect a real focus on teamwork, problem-solving, and fun!
Expect a Focus on Safety
There’s no reason to feel alarmed when you visit this attraction. Guides focus on safety, providing in-depth training before every excursion. They also provide visitors with harnesses, helmets, and a range of additional safety equipment. You might feel your heart racing when you’re hundreds of feet in the air – but there’s no real risk of falling.
The History of Mount Hermon in Santa Cruz
Mount Hermon Adventures has been operating for well over 100 years, and it has a track record for fun, success, and reliability. Originally founded as a Christian retreat in 1906, the attraction has evolved considerably over the years. However, the park still adheres to many of its original core values, which include education, connection with nature, and acceptance.
Top Attractions at Mount Hermon Adventure Park
There are a number of things to look out for as you visit this adventure park:
- Beautiful Trees: Santa Cruz is home to some of the most beautiful trees you’ll find anywhere in the world – including Douglas firs, coast redwoods, knobcone pines, tan oaks, Arroyo willows, sequoias, white spruces, Shreve oaks, and much more. See if you can spot them all!
- Wildlife: Venture into the redwood forests, and you’ll find all kinds of wildlife waiting for you. You might spot animals such as bobcats, California newts, golden eagles, gray foxes, pumas, and many others.
- Plenty of Photo Opportunities: Visitors to this adventure park find plenty of opportunities for amazing photos that you can share with your friends.
Don’t Forget Nearby Attractions
If you’re finished at the adventure park and you’re still looking for more fun, don’t forget to check out the many nearby attractions. Examples include:
- The Mystery Spot: This landmark roadside attraction offers stunning visual illusions, tours, and a gift shop.
- Bigfoot Discovery Museum: Learn about the elusive bigfoot at the nearby Discovery Museum.
- Cathedral Redwoods: If you’d like to explore the redwoods a little further, check out the Cathedral Redwoods Park – perfect for a calming walk.
- Felton: The city of Felton is also a stone’s throw from the adventure park – and it’s worth visiting.
- UC Santa Cruz Arboretum & Botanic Garden: If you’re in the mood to explore more plants, you’ll find a rare collection waiting for you at this botanic garden – including succulents and eucalyptuses.
Don’t Forget the Mt Hermon Zipline
If there’s one thing you absolutely cannot miss while visiting the adventure park, it’s the zipline. Seriously – you have to try this at least once (even if you’re a little scared). It’s a real thrill – and you’ll be glad you worked up the courage as you fly through the trees.
Finish Your Adventure at the Best Western Gilroy
If you’re ready to visit the Hermon Adventure Park, why not finish the adventure with a nice, warm bed at the Best Western Gilroy? The hotel lies within driving distance of the adventure park – making it an obvious choice for anyone who wishes to make the trek. Book your room today!